Job Title: Substance Abuse Counselor
Kinnic Falls ADA Services, is a residential facility specializing in the treatment of chemical dependency and mental health services. We are a Halfway House residential extended care program, which includes assessments, group and individual counseling. Kinnic Falls is a 44 bed facility, treating males aged 18 and older in River Falls, Wisconsin.
Our facility has an immediate opening for a one-year full-time Substance Abuse Counselor. The qualified candidate will work closely with the Executive Director, other counselors, and office staff to provide quality care for our clients. Counselors are primarily responsible for: 1) providing individual and group therapy, and case management to clients; 2) preparing client treatment plans, progress reports, extension requests and discharge summaries; 3) assisting clients with goals for long-term recovery; 4) working with funding sources to provide continued treatment coverage; 7) maintaining accurate records to ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulations; 8) maintaining continuing education credits as required by State regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor in the state of WI required (SAC/SAC-IT)or (MN-LADC)
- Licensed Mental Health Professional in the state of WI (LPC) or MN (LPCC) preferred but not required.
- Previous experience as a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with electronic charting preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be available to work some evenings and on an on-call rotating schedule.
Please send resume and salary requirements to KIhus@KinnicFalls.org, Fax: 715-426-5763 or mail to:
Kinnic Falls ADA Services, Inc.
902 S. Orange St. River Falls, WI 54017
Attn: Kate Ihus, Executive Director
Kinnic Falls offers competitive salary and benefit packages, commensurate with experience.